Reasons to Start Feeding your Dog Raw Dog FoodJanuary 3, 2021
The food we eat provides glucose which is the main source of energy. Diabetes is a condition that occurs when sugar in blood is too high. A hormone known as insulin is made in the pancreases. Insulin helps glucose from meals get into microorganism to be used for energy. There are times when the body does not make needed or any insulin. Glucose remains in our blood not reaching the microorganism.
Common Types of Diabetes
There are three common types of diabetes:
- Insulin in type 1 diabetes is not made by the body and our immune response attacks the cells in our pancreas that produce insulin. Type 1 diabetes can be detected in kids and youths. Insulin is taken daily, for example Novolog, by people with type 1 diabetes to live. When our body does not use insulin properly, it is type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes can be contracted at any time, but usually occurs in older people and the middle-aged. We can be at a higher chance of getting type 2 diabetes if we have a family history of diabetics or overweight.
- Pregnant women may develop gestational diabetes. This disappears after childbirth. If you contact gestational diabetes; there are chances of developing type 2 diabetes. Prenatal screening helps in diagnosing gestation diabetics rather than physical symptoms.
Importance of Insulin
Insulin is used mostly by type 1 diabetes patients and some type 2 diabetics, to keep their blood sugar from getting high. Normal blood sugar levels are between 70 and 99 mg/dl. Diabetic patients experience blood sugar higher than 126mg/dl. The two types of insulin are the long-acting insulin injection that maintains low blood sugar level. Other patients use a combination of insulin types. We need to check our blood sugar levels using a fingerstick. A fingerstick is a special portable gadget called a glucometer. Diabetic patients need to self-monitor to determine the level of blood sugar.
Eating Healthy and Daily Exercise
Doctors will give lifestyle advice to patients with diabetes to support weight loss and overall health. A nutritionist will be a big help too. Following a healthy eating plan will help minimize the risk of heart diseases and other types of cancer. Diabetics should take the following measures to slow or reverse the diabetic cycle.
- Engage in daily exercise like walking, swimming, jogging, riding a bicycle or aerobics.
- Avoid foods that contain too much sugar since they provide calories like; fried foods and sweetened soda.
- Eating a well-balanced diet that includes whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts, and low-fat dairy.
- Watch out for signs of low blood sugar when exercising especially when feeling dizzy, weak, or excess sweating.
- Too much alcohol is not recommended.